Karim P. Husain is the Managing Attorney of Brandywine Tax Resolution. After graduating from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Mr. Husain began his legal career by serving as a judicial law clerk to the Hon. Robert A. Latrone of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas and subsequently to the Hon. Charles A. Lord of the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania. Attorney Husain’s experience as a trial and appellate law clerk has given him keen insight into the judicial and litigation process. While clerking on the Commonwealth Court, Mr. Husain had significant responsibility for assisting in the drafting of legal opinions related to complex state and local taxation issues. After completing his judicial clerkships, Mr. Husain joined the tax department of the “Big 4” international accounting firm KPMG as a senior tax associate. At KPMG, Mr. Husain was responsible for the implementation of sophisticated corporate tax saving strategies for clients across a broad spectrum of industries including internet commerce, retail and manufacturing. Attorney Husain also gained valuable experience at KPMG providing counsel in the area of federal, state and local tax controversies involving corporate and personal income tax, sales tax and employment tax matters.
Mr. Husain entered the private practice of law after earning his Master of Laws In Taxation from the Villanova University School of Law. The graduate tax program at Villanova Law School is an intensive program in tax law taught by leading tax practitioners including members of the Internal Revenue Service’s Office of Chief Counsel. Attorney Husain earned his graduate tax degree in two years while attending classes in the evening. The instruction that Mr. Husain received at Villanova has proven invaluable in providing his clients with cutting edge solutions to their tax problems and truly has made him uniquely qualified as a tax litigation and controversy attorney.
Since entering private practice Attorney Husain has represented hundreds of Taxpayers and has enjoyed a well-earned reputation as a tax attorney that is relentless in the pursuit of his clients’ objectives. As Managing Attorney of Brandywine Tax Resolution it is Attorney Husain’s commitment to provide this superior quality of service.
- Lead Counsel Rated - Tax Law
- Top Tax Lawyer - Main Line Today Magazine, 2012
- Martindale-Hubbell, Preeminent Client Review Rating
- First Judicial District of Pennsylvania Pro Bono Roll of Honor, 2010
- Outstanding Pro Bono Efforts for Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania, 2004
- AVVO, Superb Rating
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1997
- Supreme Court of New Jersey, 1997
- U.S. Tax Court, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2004
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2006
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania 1999
Master of Laws in Taxation
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1997
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1993
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Management
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery Bar Association, Probate & Tax Section
- Chester County Bar Association
- 1971, Cleveland, Ohio
- When he isn’t working, Mr. Husain enjoys travel, skiing, gardening and spending time with his wife and children.